Cybercrime / Digital Forensics Head of Unit (SP / DCP): These professionals deal directly with cyber investigators and experts. They should take informed decisions in cybercrime cases or in other compiex investigations involving cybercrime elements. Their role is to coordinate staff, allocate resources and prioritize policing activities. They should have detailed overview of the capacity, capabilities and needs of the unit and provide it with the relevant training and tools that enable or facilitate investigation and examination of the evidence. Another function is to represent the unit when dealing with external stakeholders. They need at least a minimum of hands-on practical experience to evaluate operational and strategic activities and the ability to communicate effectively with their staff and external experts.
The Management/Administration Unitis required to take informed decisions in cybercrime cases or in other complex investigations involving cybercrime elements.Their role is to coordinate staff, allocate resources and prioritize policing activities.They should possess detailed overview of the capacity, capabilities and needs of the unit and provide it with the relevant training and tools that enable or facilitate investigation and examination of the evidence.
The basic level course for Management track shall help the Administrators gain an understanding of following subjects:
- Understand different types of cyber-crimes and its evolution over the years.
- Legal Challenges and Solutions while dealing with cyber crimes.
- Fundamentals of Digital Crime Scene Investigation – Chain of Custody, Hashing, Imaging, Network Investigations, Internet Investigations, Email Investigations, CDR/TDR Analysis, IPDR Analysis, CCTV Investigations etc.
- Fundamentals of Digital Forensic process .
- Managing a Cyber Crime Unit.
- Managing a Digital Forensics Unit.
The cybercrime fundamentals and cybercrime investigation are explained through case scenarios and demonstration/simulation of tools along with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Staff of various cybercrime units dealdirectly with cyber investigators and experts. Their role is to plan, coordinate, direct and control activities of cybercrime units including training and procurement.They should have detailed overview of the capacity, capabilities and needs of theunit and provide it with the relevant training and tools that enable or facilitateinvestigation and examination of cybercrime evidence.
Objectives of this course is for these personnel to gain an intermediate level of knowledge of followingtopics:-
- Overview of Advanced Technologies like Software Defined Networks, Cloud, IoT/IIoT, SCADA, Drones and evidence collection and management for advanced technologies.
- Managing inter-state cyber-crime investigation and evidence management including documentation.
- Managing international investigations including challenges, tracking and tracing criminals across international borders, collecting and sharing evidence internationally.
- Management skillsrequired for investigation and forensics units including lab setup, procurement management, GFR, public procurement policy and training management of staff.
The prerequisite for this course is Management Track – Basic Level Course.
Cybercrime officers at senior level manage and coordinate cybercrime units in areas relevant to human capital management and resource management. They should have detailed knowledge of cybercrime investigation to create a facilitating environment for their subordinates to function effectively in the fight against cybercrime.
Objectives of this course is for these personnel to gain knowledge of following topics:
- Social media fundamentals including overview of various platforms, types of crimes and evidence from social media.
- Social Media Cyber Crimes including basic features of various platforms, LEA portals and management of information sharing requests for interstate and international cybercrimes
- Open-source intelligence including categories, target profiling and OSINT data visualisation
The prerequisite for this course is Management Track – Intermediate Level Course.