Cybercrime / Digital Forensics Head of Unit (SP / DCP): These professionals deal directly with cyber investigators and experts. They should take informed decisions in cybercrime cases or in other compiex investigations involving cybercrime elements. Their role is to coordinate staff, allocate resources and prioritize policing activities. They should have detailed overview of the capacity, capabilities and needs of the unit and provide it with the relevant training and tools that enable or facilitate investigation and examination of the evidence. Another function is to represent the unit when dealing with external stakeholders. They need at least a minimum of hands-on practical experience to evaluate operational and strategic activities and the ability to communicate effectively with their staff and external experts.
The Management/Administration Unitis required to take informed decisions in cybercrime cases or in other complex investigations involving cybercrime elements.Their role is to coordinate staff, allocate resources and prioritize policing activities.They should possess detailed overview of the capacity, capabilities and needs of the unit and provide it with the relevant training and tools that enable or facilitate investigation and examination of the evidence.
The basic level course for Management track shall help the Administrators gain an understanding of following subjects:
- Understand different types of cyber-crimes and its evolution over the years.
- Legal Challenges and Solutions while dealing with cyber crimes.
- Fundamentals of Digital Crime Scene Investigation – Chain of Custody, Hashing, Imaging, Network Investigations, Internet Investigations, Email Investigations, CDR/TDR Analysis, IPDR Analysis, CCTV Investigations etc.
- Fundamentals of Digital Forensic process .
- Managing a Cyber Crime Unit.
- Managing a Digital Forensics Unit.
The cybercrime fundamentals and cybercrime investigation are explained through case scenarios and demonstration/simulation of tools along with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
This course will be available soon for enrolment.