Cybercrime Intelligence Officers/Analysts are identifying and producing intelligence on cybercrime from raw information; assembling and analyzing multi-source operational intelligence; preparing and presenting intelligence briefings; preparing planning materials for photographic reconnaissance missions; analyzing the results, preparing reports. They are required to prepare graphics, overlays and photo/map composites; plotting imagery data using maps and charts; providing input to and receive data from computerized intelligence systems; maintaining intelligence databases, libraries and files.
Cybercrime Intelligence Officers/Analystsis required to identify and produce intelligence on cybercrime from raw information; assemble and analyze multisourceoperational intelligence; prepare and present intelligence briefings, prepare planning materials for photographic reconnaissance missions; analyze the results and prepare reports.
The basic level course for Intelligence Officers shall help the Law Enforcement Agencies gain an understanding of following subjects:
- Understand different types of cyber-crimes and its evolution over the years.
- Fundamentals of Cyber Intelligence covering OSINT, TECHINT, 360-Degree Profiling, Live tracking and monitoring, social engineering etc.
- Introduction to Surface, Deep & Dark Web and how dark web works
- Introduction to Social Media Working and Intelligence gathering from external sources and websites
The fundamentals of cyber intelligenceisexplained through case scenarios and demonstration/simulation of tools along with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Cybercrime Intelligence Officers/Analysts identify and produceactionable intelligence on cybercrime from raw information. They assemble and analyseinputs from multiple sources. Strategic and operational crime analysis is typically carried out using Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) tools and specialist databases.
Objectives of this course is for cybercrime intelligence officers / analysts is to gain an intermediate level of knowledge of followingtopics:-
- Understanding OSINT.
- Transforming information requirements to OSINT gathering methodologies.
- Using indirection techniques like Sock Puppet and innocuous accounts to safeguard investigator footprints.
- Prepare investigative machine for intelligence using websites, tools and plug-in or extensions.
- Understand social media analytics.
- Gathering relevant intelligence from various sources like Web, Email, social media platforms, networking apps and mobile devices.
The prerequisite for this course is Intelligence Track – Basic Level Course.
The importance of case intelligence gathering cannot be overemphasized in the case of handling cybercrime cases. Cybercriminals are often technically savvy but inadvertently leave many electronic traces.
The objectives of this course are to gain knowledge of following areas relevant to Intelligence gathering:
- Advanced OSINT including installation and configuration of OSINT tools.
- Advanced WEBINT including intelligence gathering from various sources like news, blogs, deactivated websites and procedures for web patrolling.
- Advanced SOCMINT to gather social media intelligence including concepts of target and sentiment analysis
- OSINT on images, videos and languages including metadata analysis, OCR techniques, language translation and scrapping procedures.
- Advanced HUMINT, SIGINT and GEOINT through public record gathering, location and GPS information extraction and predictive policing.
- Advanced Darknet Intelligence including gathering intelligence on crypto, use of darknet tools and techniques.
- OSINT Capture the Flag for gaining confidence on tools and techniques
The prerequisite for this course is Intelligence Track – Intermediate Level Course.